Storm (#34260)
October 12th, 2020 2:27 PM
So on the dogs page there are all those things you can test. If you test the same thing on a male and female (ear length)and then breed them will you have to test ear length on the pups for the litter?

Also is it ok to inbreed or breed to dogs under 2.5 years? is there and side effects?

Also how do you get more puppies? I cant seem to get more than one

Murderbot (Gadg) (#1079)
Avatar October 12th, 2020 2:59 PM
If you test the same thing on two dogs, the pup will have a range very similar to them, but in only the rarest of cases will that be revealed at birth. In those cases, the gene will always be a lethal one. So, Bobtail (TBt/TBt), Neonatal Encephalopathy (a/a), Hairless (H/H). In other words--be glad that it isn't automatically shown! :) Being shown at birth for a trait you normally have to test is a very bad thing!

As for breeding dogs under 2.5 years: there are no ill effects. If I have a candidate I know will meet a requirement I have and desperately need, I will breed as early as 6 months.

Inbreeding has no effects we can see, aside from the COI stat (which likes to break). COI stands for Coefficient of Inbreeding and refers to how many times dogs are repeated in a dog's lineage. High COI is generally not liked by serious players, but that depends on the person. (Some will not take dogs with a COI of .10 or higher. I have had dogs as high as 400+%.)
Record for COI I've seen, I've just checked a dog I was working on: 999.99%.
Here's his link.
Inbreeding will not cause mutations or death on its own. The danger of inbreeding actually comes from issues that may be doubled up, such as lethal health disorders (Neonatal Encephalopathy in poodles is a good example.). There's also the hidden immune system trait that is affected by inbreeding. Allergies and Dermatitis are more common in inbred dogs. However, the Immune System is something you should worry about after learning to play, not at the start. :)

Puppy number is somewhat genetic, and somewhat breed related. Labs have larger litters in general, for example. My Koms tend to average 4-6. Cresteds tend to be fond of litters of 1. It's not a fun game at times trying to get higher litter numbers! My best advice: play with different breeds.

A final piece of advice: add tabs now, so you have them to use later on. When upgrades expire, they stay available.

You must be Logged in to reply