wrendoe (#7592)
January 29th, 2018 11:03 PM
I made this a while ago and since Dynasty seems to be getting some more active attention figured I'd upload this! I know we have a lot of color guides but I've fielded my share of questions about colors that haven't really been covered in the other ones. This isn't a GENETICS post, it is a PHENOTYPE post. While I don't go into depth about the genes behind these colors this is basically to show how they appear on a dog cosmetically. Enjoy!

adaDCchartP1.png
e2fDCchartP2.png
284DCchartP3.png
826DCchartP4.png
4c0DCchartP5.png
912DCchartP6.png
742DCchartP7.png

GO MISHA W.! #OES (Jay) (#33457)
February 1st, 2018 7:00 PM
This is AMAZING!

I’ll add a further note regarding silver: it occurs in the Old English Sheepdog, which also has Graying. Dark OES adults have Greying only, the very lightest have greying and silver.

wrendoe (#7592)
February 10th, 2018 10:15 AM
Thanks! And thanks for the extra note!
Anyone can definitely comment information on this!

Also fun thing I just learned, apparently irl there is no such thing as the saddle gene, there is the ATAT gene for tan pint, and that gene has modifiers similar to the Sable gene that control how much black appears over a dog!

I don't believe Dynasty follows this rule just yet, but it's interesting to note irl.

GO MISHA W.! #OES (Jay) (#33457)
February 10th, 2018 10:49 AM
Yes! And, since this is coming in v2, si is dominant to sp, but incompletely. The appearance is the same but si is more dominant than sp is.

Also, it was discovered that there are at least five variants of Merle, not all of which, if homozygous, cause double merle! Herding Harlequin, Cryptic, and at least one other merle gene, Atypical, exists.

Harlequin’s effect on the different merles is not well known.

wrendoe (#7592)
March 3rd, 2018 10:34 AM
Omg the complexity of the Merle gene is astounding! There are so many varients of M_ (Mc, Ma, Mh etc) and its so amazing but also so complicated lol. I love learning all of this stuff.

You must be Logged in to reply