What if you get a goal that can't be done, ever?
And example is the one that Jayfeather rolled recently:
Colour: Red
Eye Shape: Triangular
Silver: V/v
Ticking: t/t

Any dog that has V/v for silver will have "turning silver" in the colour description, never simply "Red". This makes the goal impossible to complete. Other examples include body weights of 350 lbs, which simply don't exist in the game (yet?).

Of course, you could spend 5 credits to reroll the challenge, but I don't think that's fair.

My suggestion is this: To every challenge, add a button that says "Report Impossible Challenge". When you click it, an admin will check if it really is impossible to complete. And if it is, the goal will be rerolled for free.

GO MISHA W.! #OES (Jay) (#33457)
January 20th, 2018 3:43 PM
I 110% support this. I’ve rolled ones in the past, before strays, for skull sizes or ear sizes that didn’t exist in the game yet. Technically all traits are possible now, but not all combinations are, for various reasons.

I Agree
I Haven't had Any Yet But I'm Sure I Will

Emmit_Is_Ghosting (#24747)
January 23rd, 2018 3:46 PM
I definitely support this idea!
I have a goal where I am required to have a Coat Length: Hairless,
Dilution: d/d, and a Shed Level: 27% - 57%. I have searched through tons of strays and CC's, but I really believe it is impossible to have a dog with a hairless coat that has a shed level over 10% I tried importing a custom CC, but with the hairless coat length, the shed level only goes from 1%-10%. Unless there's a possibility some stray has it, I don't believe this goal is possible.
A button like this would be a great help for troublsome goals like this :)

January 27th, 2018 7:19 PM
Hairless automatically makes shed level be 1% so yes, that is an issue!

February 1st, 2018 8:13 PM
As an update: the goal worked. It could not have anything extra like Urajiro, it had to be “red, turning silver.”

Hilayla (#641)
February 2nd, 2018 9:38 AM
Good to know. Thanks for the update.

Gadg (#1079)
I'm going to give this a slight bump, even though I posted above (#33457).

You must be Logged in to reply