Evlon (#224)
January 12th, 2015 3:52 AM
DogColours.jpg
(If you click it, it's actually much larger of an image!)

So yeah, basically I wanted a visual library of how the markings should look. This isn't complete, there's a few bits missing and I'm not 100% sure on the Ticking & Roan (but I kinda see it as the belton as seen on English Setters? I just kinda have a crummy place holder there right now, it's not a marking combo I'm familiar with :'D ) I forgot brindle (slipped my mind) but the image above should update since I can replace the image without changing the url yaya! (since we can't edit post yet~)

Sorry if the Blacks are confusing since black is the only one named, but I wasn't sure what to name it, since basically that's the default colour unless other genes interact with it XD Basically pulled from my current knowledge of dog colours from all the research I did last year from making breed arts, and yeah! Tried to keep related items in the same box, and unrelated (and therefore combo-able) in separate ones.

Let me know what you think, and if you see any thing that needs to be added/tweaked or if I goofed
(Also Td genes aren't in yet, so I'm waiting to see how they turn out here on Dynasty, with having larger or smaller spots or such, you never know!)

Evlon (#224)
January 12th, 2015 4:14 AM
Scratch that, I was annoyed at my first run lacking brindle, so it's been added, as well as the more belton looking idea for the Ticking & Roan (TTr).

So now if there's something missing/weird I'm unaware of it (aside from dal spots)

Axel (#403)
January 12th, 2015 8:28 AM
This is very helpful, thanks :D

Baus (#1)
January 12th, 2015 9:15 AM
Oh wow, this is awesome, and so helpful! Great job on it. :D The only difference is that Urajiro here on Dy is recessive, other than that everything is perfect! :)

Evlon (#224)
January 12th, 2015 2:23 PM
Opps! Thanks for letting me know Baus, I'll tweak that bit c:
And yeah I wanted a visual reference for when I make up breed art like these guys, to make sure I was doing the things right & consistently. And hey since it exists why not share? :D

I find it helps a lot more than just text when trying to figure out what genes do what c:

Evlon (#224)
January 12th, 2015 2:39 PM
Alrighties, the Urajiro is now the xx on the image to not confuse peoples about that oops I made XD

Baus (#1)
January 13th, 2015 3:48 PM
I'm going to move this to help and Sticky it, I think its awesome. :)

Evlon (#224)
January 13th, 2015 8:43 PM
Oh thanks! :D I feel honored to have my little guide stickied as a help for other players :)
I'll make sure to keep it up to date whenever we have new phenotypes to play with on Dynasty c:

Tyyni (#1007)
January 26th, 2015 9:46 AM
Very cool Evlon! Love your art by the way. When you make your breed art you should maybe share the greyscales? hehehe /wishful thinking/

Abomination (#1028)
January 26th, 2015 10:16 AM
This is amazing, thank you!

You must be Logged in to reply